So, it’s Valentine’s Day and you have nothing to give out to your friends, family, or significant other(s?). Well, have no fear because we have the perfect idea! Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies. They already sound mouthwatering, don’t they? These cookies are super easy to make and are super delicious! Just follow this simple recipe and people will be begging for your cookies. Just kidding. Maybe.
We used this recipe from Duncan Hines. Enjoy!
What you need:
- 1 box of Duncan Hines red velvet cake mix
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (for us, this seemed optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Melt butter; set aside to cool. Place powdered sugar and cornstarch in shallow dish. Mix with a fork to blend.
- Place cake mix, cooled butter, eggs and lemon zest in large mixing bowl. Mix by hand until well blended and a dough forms.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls and roll in powdered sugar. Place on cool, ungreased baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake, 1 sheet at a time, in center of oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- When the recipe calls for melted butter, make sure it’s not completely melted! I made the mistake of melting the butter until it was liquid, which made the batter sticky and hard to work with.
- If your batter does get sticky or just isn’t “dough-y” enough, just add a couple spoons of flour until it feels more like cookie dough.
And voilà! Easy, simple, delicious cookies made in less than half an hour. Everyone deserves a little love on Valentine’s Day, so why not make them some cookies! Hopefully, yours turn out successful. If not, you can always buy cookies and tell everyone you made them. Or not.
Hope you all have a great Valentine’s Day/ Singles Awareness Day! And remember, Valentine’s Day isn’t just about buying flowers and chocolates and expensive gifts for your significant other. As cheesy as it sounds, it’s also about letting your friends and family you care about them. So call up your mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, aunt, uncle, sister, brother, cat, dog, or whoever else and tell them you love them!
So from all of us to you, happy Valentine’s Day… again! Have a purr-ific day 🙂